The Community of Twinsburg, Ohio In 1818, a pair of identical twins named Moses and Aaron Wilcox from Killingworth, Connecticut (USA), purchased 4,000 acres of land in the northeast part of the state of Ohio (founded 1807, halfway between today’s Cleveland and Akron). The twin brothers began selling small parcels at low prices to attract other settlers. The Wilcox twins offered 6 acres of land for a public square and $20.00 toward starting the first school if the residents would change the settlement’s name from Millsville to Twinsburg.
Moses and Aaron Wilcox were reportedly so identical only their closest friends could tell them apart. They were lifelong business partners, held all their property in common, married sisters, had the same number of children, contracted the same fatal ailment, and died within hours of each other. They are buried in the same grave in Twinsburg’s Locust Grove Cemetery.